Caption: The Cumbrian coast is home to some of the biggest windfarms in the world
Solomons Europe boasts a long and successful history of supporting both clients and contractors on both onshore and offshore windfarms around the UK.
We have provided a range of quantity surveying, procurement and commercial support on projects procured under NEC3®, International Federation of Consulting Engineers contracts (FIDIC), Engineering, Procurement and Construction contracts (EPC) and client bespoke developer terms and conditions.
Our impressive roster of clients includes ScottishPower Renewables, Alstom Grid, Siemens, ABB, Omexom, Murphy Group, AMEC Foster Wheeler (now Wood), Morrison Utility Services, and Orstead (previously Dong Energy).
Our ever-growing list of projects includes:
• Supporting Siemens Transmission & Distribution on the contract and commercial management of onshore and offshore substations on large multi-billion offshore windfarm projects including Scotland's largest operational offshore windfarm Beatrice, Triton Knoll and Moray East.
• Cost management support to an EPC contractor on Vattenfall’s Ormonde Offshore Wind Farm project and cost and contract management services for an EPC client delivering the West of Duddon Sands Offshore Wind Farm project – both located off the coast of Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria
• Commercial management for major EPC contractor on Balblair and Beauly Mossford Windfarms in Inverness, Scotland
• Commercial management support services for an EPC contractor on the Lincs Wind Farm, located off the coast of Skegness
• Further down the east coast, cost management and commercial support for the Sheringham Shoal Wind Farm in north Norfolk and the Greater Gabbard Offshore Windfarm in Suffolk
• Cost management support for a major EPC contractor engaged on the London Array Offshore Wind Farm project, London
• Cost management support on the Gwynt y Mor Offshore Wind Farm project in North Wales, currently the fourth largest operating offshore windfarm in the world